It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item import issue in large user based repository

praveen patidar (8613244) | asked Mar 02 '15, 10:44 p.m.
 Hello Team,

I have one weird issue with work item import. we have around 3000+ users in RTC. Some project has there own RTC champions and in order to import functionality we normally give them JazzProjectAdmin rights. There is no issue till now. 

We have some new engagements on boarded and some folks need the import work item. We have given same permission to them. As work item during import need parent as we have configured the Advisor. 

The Advisor looks working as if I will do the import. For the new user even with the JazzAdmin rights the advisor not throwing error for missing parent work item. 

Removing the advisor solves the issue but this will create new overhead to associate the parent and switching off the advisor may result some of the additional rule swithoff for some time. 

What I suspect is Advisor is not able to pick the Parent ID if new user is tries to import. 

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 02 '15, 11:55 p.m.
You need to create a special Role, Importer, with the Advisors turned off, and those users get the role only for the import function.  not forever.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.