It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make a simple-RTC

Marc van Lint (852128) | asked Mar 02 '15, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello World,

I've got a customer who is interested in using RTC in combination with RTC-source control. So limiting or even disabling any other function, for the moment. This to ease adoption of RTW/RTC. We do have competition of 'basic' versioning systems which are in-house. Is this approach a good idea?

Related question:
- How can I ease the deliver process (e.g. disabling the need for a WI).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 02 '15, 12:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Weather or not to require a work item for delivery is configurable in the operational behavior of the project area.
If you don't want to bother people with it, remove the deliver precondition.

You can not switch of the UI etc. My personal experience is that the strength of RTC is its integrations. However, it makes sense to adopt one part after the other. There are different adoption models that make sense. In your case for example

SCM>Build>Dashboards>Work Item>Planning

There are several valid permutations of the keywords above that address different customer priorities.
Marc van Lint selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 02 '15, 12:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have customers that have projects use RTC-SCM without using any other part of RTC.
In particular, the out-of-the-box settings for RTC-SCM "deliver" operation do not require any usage of work items.
But I am not aware of any easy way to "hide" the non-SCM functionality of RTC, but if they just don't click on anything related to work items or plans, I don't think the non-SCM functionality is very obtrusive.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.