It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating defects/Workitems automatically based on the build result

Aju Samuel Raju (362710) | asked Mar 02 '15, 2:16 a.m.
I have integrated Hudson Jenkins with IBM CLM. From RTC Client, I will trig a Jenkins job (for compiling the source code which is residing in CCM workspace).  If the (Jenkins Job) compilation fails (Note: Build status can be seen in RTC Client), then I want to create a defect/work item in RQM (or CLM) and notify the specific developer who developed the code automatically. How can I achieve automating the defect/work item creation by observing the Build result?  

Is there any option in RTC Client or CLM to handle this? 
Do we have any command line interface to create a defect automatically? 
Can I achieve this using any automatic script?

2 answers

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Mar 10 '15, 5:03 p.m.
You can look into the Build completion option from Execution Schedule to see if you could create a defect or workitem - Creating and viewing test execution schedules:

Build completion: Select this option to initiate the execution schedule when a notification is received that a product build is complete and ready for testing. In Select build, enter the name of the build definition for the build to initiate the execution schedule. In Start execution schedule based on build status, enter the build status that is required to run the execution schedule.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 02 '15, 3:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can try this: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/a-rtc-workitem-command-line-version-2-2/

Please note, it is unsupported.

Comments
Aju Samuel Raju commented Mar 02 '15, 8:56 a.m.

Hi Ralph

Thanks a lot,

Aju Samuel Raju commented Mar 04 '15, 4:28 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Why the RTC Workitem Command Line is Unsupported.

Any work around is there...?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.