It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need abiltiy to quickly test JTS new SSE installation as ready for production

Willie Wilson (623) | asked Mar 01 '15, 4:10 p.m.
We have an installation of JTS 5.0.2 (Systems and Software Engineering Solution) on Red Hat Linux with LDAP support for 2 different Active Directory domains.  I need a test plan to qualify that the JTS installation is complete. Our current products are RTC, RQM, DNG (and also OSLC connections to D9.x), Rhapsody Design Manager, and RDDI (or RPE templates for DOORS and Rhapsody 8.1.1.).  Does anyone have a suggestion to what I can use that is maybe a part of RQM so that I can get quick results?  Is there a Method Composer workflow  or template to test a new JTS installation?

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 02 '15, 1:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM does not offer an native support for validating a CLM installation.  However, you can use RQM to create and manage a manual (or automated - e.g. RFT) test case.

You could use the Money that Matters Lifecycle Scenario (https://jazz.net/rm/web#action=com.ibm.rdm.web.pages.showArtifact&artifactURI=https://jazz.net/rm/resources/_-QrUATKjEeGFPKPBgbKpsA) to validate a CLM installation.

Comments
Willie Wilson commented Mar 13 '15, 2:25 p.m.

We already have MTM loaded and checking it out but the documentation discourages putting the MTM on a production server.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Mar 15 '15, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Willie, you could download/install CLM on a local staging server/laptop and evaluate the MTM sample using the trial licenses.

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Mar 10 '15, 4:06 p.m.
This is probably a stretch but you can run all diagnostics from jts/admin to verify if you have a clean installation:

This page provides diagnostics which analyze many aspects of the server to quickly identify problems. You may choose to "Run All Diagnostics" or run an individual diagnostic by clicking the "Run" action. Once the diagnostics complete, you will see the results listed under each section. To export a full, detailed report of the diagnostics, click "Export Results". To send an e-mail report to the administrator(s), click the "E-mail Report" icon. In order to use the e-mail capabilities, you must enable e-mail notifications on this server and specify an Administrator E-mail List on the Advanced Properties page.

Comments
Willie Wilson commented Mar 13 '15, 3:16 p.m.

Thanks, we also know about the Diagnostics and report.  We are also looking for some way to gather data and report on how well the sample projects (if installed) perform thier given functions within the JTS environment.  I think this is also a stretch, ... but we can dream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.