It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to bulk modify the state of approval in RTC?

Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | asked Feb 25 '15, 11:17 p.m.

Hello,

We are aware that the version of 4.0.5 helps in setting up approvals through a bulk manner, but if one of our code approver wants to set approval state for many items to Approved or Rejected, how can the user do this for many items in one go?

Thanks,

Sunita

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 02 '15, 2:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no bulk update. You can write an enhancement request if you want. Options as I see them:

1. Create a team area that owns the component and does not require the approval (for everyone)
  2. If the users work with eclipse create your own approval automation

For 1 see https://jazz.net/library/article/292

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 02 '15, 2:06 a.m.

For 1, since operational behavior is based on ownership of streams, you would also require a stream to modify that component to be owned by said team area.

permanent link
Sunita Dinakar (11413742) | answered Mar 02 '15, 12:53 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the detailed response.

I agree with you totally on this is how the approval process should be, but we have a scenario where we maintain a component with general scripts and other artifacts for which a review is not required. However, since we have this part of the same team/project area for which an operation advisor to mandate approvals is required on any delivery, we would prefer a bulk approval mechanism.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sunita

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 26 '15, 3:48 a.m.
I am not aware of any UI that does this. As far as I can see, the bulk edit in RTC (web UI) is only for attributes. An approval is not really an attribute, it is a special kind of collection with a more complex structure. The user would have to open every work item and approve that.

Since Approvals are required for a good reason and should not just been thrown in for fun, I think it is reasonable that approvers have to open the work item and investigate if they can approve.

If the approval is abused as a flag, with no real business value and only for formal reasons - this is the situation where a bulk approve would make sense - I would suggest to rather add a boolean or enumeration value that is limited to be set by certain roles and then a bulk modification is possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.