It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC extensions headless build - "String cannot be resolved to a type"

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Feb 25 '15, 9:00 a.m.
Hello to the forum members,

I am currently trying without much success to build the features my team developed using ant script. I am following the recommendations mentioned here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8PJ7_7.0.0/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tasks/pde_feature_build.htm

I get loads of "String cannot be resolved to a type" errors and others suggesting that something maybe wrong with my paths to java. According to recommendation I got, I set the property bootclasspath to include all files in my jre/lib folder. I called in ant to <diagnostics> to make sure that sun.boot.class.path includes all the jars under this folder, including rt.jar. Still, no success. I tried running the same build from Eclipse 4.3.2 (I am working with RTC 5.0.1) and got the same results.

Any comments will be warmly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gidi

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Feb 25 '15, 2:40 p.m.

Adding the *.jar files from jre/lib and also jre/bin/compressedrefs/jclSC170/vm.jar into the property JavaSE-1.6 in build.properties solves many of the errors. If anyone knows what is the recommended value for this property, please comment.

Gidi Gal commented Mar 01 '15, 11:33 a.m.

I made a small "Hello world" sample plugin and related feature and was able to build it with Eclipse 4.3.2 and Oracle Java. When I switched to IBM Java I got these "String cannot be resolved to a type".
Does anyone knows for any special required setting to run headless builds with IBM Java ?

Thanks,
Gidi

One answer

permanent link
Gidi Gal (962056) | answered Mar 02 '15, 3:43 a.m.
I found the answer:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/655864/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.