It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you connect from RTC to RAM and have the link show up on both sides (like it does from RAM to RTC)?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Feb 24 '15, 3:24 p.m.

We are currently able to go into an asset in RAM and link that to a work item in RTC.  Once completed, there is a link in RAM back to the work item in RTC.  Plus, in that work item in RTC, it automatically creates a "Related Artifacts" link with the RAM asset (showing the name of the RAM asset). 

When I attempt to go the other way (RTC to RAM), I select the "Related Artifacts" link, but it only allows me to put in a URL.  I can put in the URL of the asset and it does create a link to that asset.  However, it puts the entire URL address (instead of the asset name) and it does not create a reverse link in the RAM asset,  So this is just a one way "link" (essentially just putting in a hyperlink to an URL).

Is there a way to create a link in RTC where it will allow you to look up the asset within RAM like it works in the reverse direction (with a pop-up window for selection)?  And for it to automatically create a link back to the RTC work item within the RAM asset?  Essentially like a connection from RTC to RQM would work. 

One answer

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852654) | answered Feb 09 '16, 11:56 a.m.
The answer is that the functionality does not currently exist.  Our IBM sales team is working with the developers to get this functionality.  I understand we received a demo of this functionality, but do not know when it will be incorporated into a release or ifix

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.