It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm rtc 5.0.2 List all version ids of a specific file

Paul Tucker (633) | asked Feb 23 '15, 1:52 a.m.
 How do I get all the version ids for a specific file ?

I can list all the versions of a file using show history but it will not show the version ids.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Feb 23 '15, 5:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Version Id feature came in RTC 5.0 and it shows version id's when listing the history of the file. Which version of RTC are you using and what client (Eclipse/Visual Studio/CLI)? 

Comments
Paul Tucker commented Feb 23 '15, 6:01 a.m.

I am using 

Rational Team Concert - Client for Eclipse 3.6.x IDE
Version 5.0.2 (5.0.2000.RTC-I20141031-0926-r502) 

I can see the version ids of files when I do a list remotefiles but under show history to show the history of a particular file I cannot see the version ids then.

i.e. list remotefiles produces this :-
/Script Dev/test.txt [7@_b2TvEdTAEeCcDeqDBVTgdg]

but show history shows the version of the file but does not tag the version with each version id.
i.e.

Change sets:
  (1761:_MsSGorsiEeS-R5mKL7lrcg) ----$ Paul Tucker "Multiple Test" 23-Feb-2015 0
7:07 AM
  (1053:_kkwwYS0UEeSe56SoNAxI2g) ----$ Paul Tucker "Version 1.3" 27-Aug-2014 06:
46 AM

I was expecting the version id to be also on the output from show history.

Shashikant Padur commented Feb 23 '15, 6:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The cli currently does not list the version Id when showing the history of a file. There was a recent update in 6.0 to include the version id when listing the changes in the change set but I don't think the history subcommand got updated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.