It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does the exclude filter work?

Daniel Ruebush (9715187) | asked Feb 21 '15, 3:22 a.m.
Hi all,
My group is currently on 4.0.6.
We are trying to exclude some work items tasks from the progress bar calculation. It seems like the exclude filter removes the work items from the plan view but the progress bar calculation is still including those work items estimate time. Is this normal behavior?

We have an existing plan in which I have two different work item types .

1. Create a view and add exclude "type:type1" It will exclude the work item type1 but the progress bar still includes the type1 effort.

Also, we tried to exclude a custom defined type "type2" and my type2 is not excluded by the plan view. 
Are custom defined types also supported by the exclude filter ?

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Feb 21 '15, 5:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Exclude Filters are for the View only.  It controls what work items are displayed in the view.  The plan progress calculations are not affected by this filter. 

As for the custom work item type, I have just tested with 406 and see that the Exclude filter can be applied on Custom work item types as well and it does take effect.  The custom work items also get filtered out.

One possible reason, I can think of is that your custom work item type has children which belong to the plan. 

If the child work item is applicable for this plan and is not excluded, the parent will show up. 

As for excluding work items from the Plan progress calculations, you may want to move them to backlog.

Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.