It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An error occurred accepting team invitation.

Vikash Singh (422665) | asked Feb 18 '15, 7:34 a.m.

Hello,

I am facing the problem while accepting the  team invitation. In eclipse I click on "Accept team invitation"

and write below content

teamRepository=https://localhost:9443/ccm/

userId=myadmin

userName=myadmin

projectAreaName=RTC Extension Workshop

When I click on Finish it gives "An error occurred accepting team invitation."

There is a problem while accepting the invitation. Due to this I can not able to load the repository into eclipse.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Feb 18 '15, 7:52 a.m.

hi Vikash,
Could you see what is the error message in <your-workspace>/.metadata/.log file?

Vikash Singh commented Feb 18 '15, 8:07 a.m. | edited Feb 18 '15, 8:10 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Below is the log file data, Please go through it.

!SESSION 2015-02-18 18:35:58.947 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows 7 x86-32 jvmwi3260sr15-20131231_180656 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20131231_180656
JIT  - r9_20130920_46510ifx3
GC   - GA24_Java6_SR15_20131231_1152_B180656
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection 2 900 2015-02-18 18:36:21.084
!MESSAGE HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be released.

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.process.ide.ui 4 4 2015-02-18 18:36:22.737
!MESSAGE An error occurred accepting team invitation
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.ServerVersionCheckException: This client received an unexpected response.  The URL of the server you are trying to connect to is either invalid, older than your client and not compatible, or behind a proxy or firewall that requires authentication.  Please contact the system administrator to determine the correct URL or server version, and download the appropriate client.
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.fetchClientVersionJSONObject(TeamRepository.java:1674)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.access$0(TeamRepository.java:1663)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$5.run(TeamRepository.java:1734)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$5.run(TeamRepository.java:1)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1325)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1320)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.checkServerVersionMatches(TeamRepository.java:1737)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1513)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:654)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:628)
 at com.ibm.team.process.internal.ide.ui.views.AcceptTeamInvitationWizard.createRepositoryConnection(AcceptTeamInvitationWizard.java:185)
 at com.ibm.team.process.internal.ide.ui.views.AcceptTeamInvitationWizard.doFinish(AcceptTeamInvitationWizard.java:132)
 at com.ibm.team.process.internal.ide.ui.views.AcceptTeamInvitationWizard$1.run(AcceptTeamInvitationWizard.java:104)
 at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.AuthenticationException: CRJAZ0097E The request for the following URL was denied: /ccm/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=5.0. The status is "Forbidden".
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:475)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:322)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:220)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:229)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.executeMethod(RestClientConnectionBase.java:324)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.doMethod(RestClientConnectionBase.java:187)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RestClientConnectionBase.doGet(RestClientConnectionBase.java:122)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.TeamRawRestServiceClient$RawRestClientConnection.doGet(TeamRawRestServiceClient.java:96)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:254)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:110)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.RawRestServiceClientProxy$RestClientConnectionProxy.invoke(RawRestServiceClientProxy.java:121)
 at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.doGet(Unknown Source)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.fetchClientVersionJSONObject(TeamRepository.java:1666)
 ... 14 more
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.PermissionDeniedException: CRJAZ0097E The request for the following URL was denied: /ccm/versionCompatibility?clientVersion=5.0. The status is "Forbidden".
 at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:474)
 ... 30 more

Vikash Singh commented Feb 18 '15, 8:12 a.m.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.ServerVersionCheckException: This client received an unexpected response.  The URL of the server you are trying to connect to is either invalid, older than your client and not compatible, or behind a proxy or firewall that requires authentication.  Please contact the system administrator to determine the correct URL or server version, and download the appropriate client.
 at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.fetchClientVersionJSONObject(TeamRepository.java:1674)

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 18 '15, 8:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 18 '15, 8:05 a.m.
Accepting the invitation only creates the repository connection and adds the Project area to the ones you see.
Please try to create the connection manually and see what steps fail. My best guesses:
  1. The server is not started
  2. The server is not reachable
  3. The Script to create the Project did not run successfully 
also read https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ to better understand what is going on and what servers you have in the Extensions Workshop.

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 18 '15, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Your client version is not compatible with the server version. You should make sure that the client version is less than or equal to the version of the server. 

To check the server version, you can log in to the web UI and click the '?' on the top right of the page. 

Comments
Vikash Singh commented Feb 18 '15, 11:05 p.m.

Hello Evan,

I installed RTC in local system and I checked the server version it is Rational Jazz Team Server Version: 5.0 and client version is also the 5.0 which is downloaded from jazz.net When I checked the server version it shows the "

There was an error fetching information about the Jazz Team Server. Please make sure your server is running and your repository is configured correctly.ID CRJAZ1485E" in red color.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '15, 2:44 a.m.

As already indicated in my response https://jazz.net/forum/questions/174268/an-error-occurred-accepting-team-invitation/174275 you most likely failed to follow the instructions of the workshop. Most likely you failed to run the setup for the server and if you did, you will also have failed to setup the development project.

My suggestion is to remove the whole install and try again, carefully following the workshop PDF.

Vikash Singh commented Feb 23 '15, 1:52 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

My system specification is :
RAM : 4 GB
Rational Team Concert : 5.0 (All software including eclipse which mentioned into the Rational team concert extensibility workshop setup)

I setup the RTC development environment and when open eclipse then it gies below error :
"Client and server missmatch" : The url of the server you are trying to connect is either invalid , older than your client and not compatible or behind a proxy or firewall that requires authentication. Please contact the system admin to determine the correct URL or server version and download the appropriate client
Current Client Version 5.0
Your client is not compatible with the server at local host . Update your client from https://jazz.net/downloadsrational-team-concert

And also the above problem occurs there when I am trying to make connection using accept team invitation.

Vikash Singh commented Feb 23 '15, 1:56 a.m.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 2:15 a.m.

Did you try to login using the Web Client?

Vikash Singh commented Feb 23 '15, 2:28 a.m.

I login through the URL https://localhost:9443/jts by myadmin,myadmin credential and I am able to see the GUI also
but it gives below errors from different tab and sections

1. The server status cannot be retrieved.
2.The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseAdminRestService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IContributorService", failed to be activated.ID CRJAZ1972E
3. Failed to check if floating licenses are supported: The service 'com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseCheckerRestService@23222322' failed to find the required service 'interface com.ibm.team.repository.service.ILicenseChecker'. Check in plugin.xml.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 2:41 a.m.

If errors like that come up, you have failed to setup the server successfully and the creation of the test project likely failed as well. Follow my advice at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/174268/an-error-occurred-accepting-team-invitation/174630 and reinstall.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 2:58 a.m.

I am not sure if the 4GB ram could contribute to the problem. I know that some users with only 4GB had issues in the past. I have run the workshop on laptops with 8, 16 and 32 GB ram. I don't have any machine available with less than 8 GB. So I can't test this.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 23 '15, 2:40 a.m.
My best suggestion:
  1. Backup the downloaded files
  2. Delete the folder
  3. Restart the workshop
  4. Carefully read the messages during the install and setup process
  5. Try to connect to the server using the WebUI if the Eclipse UI fails

Many users ran this workshop successfully and I have never seen someone being blocked at this point before.

Comments
Vikash Singh commented Feb 23 '15, 4:38 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for the answer. Can you please tell me while installation is RTC  fetching the data from any other site? I have done the installation.Now I am trying to run the "server.tomcat" then server is started but it gives "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out" So now also is it trying to fetch data from server side from the web when we are starting the tomcat server? because of I already installed the server on local system then also it trying to contact on web for some packets.

Can you please clear the above things that is it trying to connect on web or not?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 4:49 a.m. | edited Feb 23 '15, 4:50 a.m.

Tomcat will try to connect to the port 9443 to listen there. You should be able to see more information in the log files under server/logs.

I am not aware that the server would connect to the internet. It will connect to the internet however, if you install the 10 Free licenses.

The Web UI and/or the server will try to connect to external sites if they are configured in the dashboards. The Web UI, might want to install flash player for the dashboards.

You are starting at least one JTS and one CCM application. After and during the setup process they will try to talk to each other.

That is all I can say. I never got into that kind of trouble and the message above is not telling anything worth debugging.

Vikash Singh commented Feb 23 '15, 5:58 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

I tried to start the server.tomcat by removing the network cable and connecting dongle to system then it is working fine. It is not given any error. Means it is trying to connect the internet when we run the tomcat server.tomcat file. Can you please tell me the ip address of the site to which it connects while installation. Because I have to make the disable the firewall for that particular site.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 23 '15, 6:18 a.m.

You run server.startup.bat not server.tomcat. If you don't want to use the 10Free - which you don't have to, unless the trial key expires, and the server works fine with no connection to the internet, fine. Try to set up the 10 Free later without connection and see if it gets enabled. As long as everything works, ignore something like that. I can't give you the IP's, one site would be the jazz.net site here. You can use local tracking tools to identify IP addresses, however, if the setup is done and it works (network or not) there is no need to. I ran this workshop on disconnected laptops e.g. in trains, at least several areas.

Vikash Singh commented Feb 24 '15, 1:22 a.m.

Hi Ralph, Am still unable to get the server connection through.
The root cause of the stack trace look like this:
Caused by:
The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" feature could not start. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1092E
 ... 103 more.

Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool$AjcClosure1 (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.connectToProvider(ConnectionPoolService.java:355)
 ... 109 more.

Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.JDBCConnectionPool$AjcClosure1 (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
 ... 114 more.

Is there some library that is missing? Unable to find it by myself.
Can you please help.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '15, 2:42 a.m.

So far setting up RTC/CLM with Tomcat and Derby has never been rocket science. You don't have to install anything additional.

I would guess that your problems are related to the 4GB ram. Look at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/95675/was-8004-does-not-start-after-entering-generic-jvm-arguments-clm-40 for example if that helps.

I would also strongly recommend to use the zipped RTC/JTS and not the IM version. 

Do you have another machine available with more memory?

Vikash Singh commented Feb 25 '15, 8:18 a.m.

No Ralph I have not another machine with more memory.

Vikash Singh commented Feb 25 '15, 9:44 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
    I am using Operating system : Windows 7 Enterprise and RAM 4 GB
Is it possible that the above problem (license problem) is due to OS .
Or I have to change the Operating system i.e. Windows server 2008.
Because I have analyse the CLM requirement on https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 25 '15, 9:51 a.m.

No, I maintained and used the Workshop on windows 7 for years and I don't have any problems. My only suggestion is to use the Zipped version of RTC with JTS and do a new install on your machine.

If you can't run a basic quick setup of that on your machine, you can't follow the workshop. I don't know what is going wrong and it is almost impossible to debug this from here.

If you have too few RAM, I would assume that the Tomcat would not even come up, I think.

Lacking any useful data, I can only suggest to scrap your current setup and do a fresh one, following the workshop really thoroughly. Anything you do wrong in Lab 1 can render it impossible to follow the workshop.

Vikash Singh commented Feb 27 '15, 8:02 a.m. | edited Apr 30 '15, 1:22 p.m.

Hi Ralph,
    Now I have a fresh OS. I am doing the same thing like in the workshop. Please tell me one thing I dont have an extra software installed after installation of the new OS. Please tell me shall I install Java  or not. Because RTC installation already contain Java into Jazz Team Server folder. If I have to install the Java in the system also tell me in which location I will install the Jaa version. And also suggest me which java version I install. My OS is 64 bit.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 27 '15, 8:26 a.m.

You don't have to install Java. The server and the RTC Eclipse vanilla client come with the JRE you want to use.

Please follow the description in the Extensions workshop that uses the Unzip install and not the Installation manager - I found this the best way to handle. Use 7Zip as too to unzip.

showing 5 of 11 show 6 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.