It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC API's to update the process configuration source

Arjun Pande (3714) | asked Feb 12 '15, 11:50 p.m.

We want to update the process configuration of the project area. We are migrating the data from old project area to new destination project area. We have some customizations in old source project area where we want to reflect this in new destination project area.

Eg: In source Project area we have some customizations such as "HideIfEmpty=true" property and now we want to update the same property in destination project area for some attributes. Can anyone please help me with the API's to update the process configuration source or the approach to find the API's.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 13 '15, 6:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware what that API's are . I think it is pretty much working with XML. I would consider trying to use these APIs to be very expensive. It is also not advisable to work directly on the process XML. You could use process sharing, or you could  otherwise keep the old process.
If you want to start with a new process from scratch, I assume you will have to manually go through the changes in the old process and apply them in the new one. Ideally you would do that using the process administration UI.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 13 '15, 7:15 a.m.

As Ralph mentions I don't think there are any exposed apis to do this.

at one time, way back in 3.0, we used an xmldiff/patch process to move changes between projects.  but it was all manual.  I have no idea if it would still work.

I strongly recommend moving to the shared process configuration model.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.