It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin ObjectClass for "Work Item Query"

Ranjan Kumar (11134) | asked Feb 12 '15, 10:53 p.m.
Hi,
    I want to write a popupMenus plugin for the queries I have defined in RTC and would like to know which class/interface I should use as ObjectClass.

For example, for a "Work Item" I use:
<objectContribution
            objectClass="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IWorkItemHandle"
            id="myId">

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 13 '15, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you looked into https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/adding-context-menus-for-jazz-objects-to-the-rtc-eclipse-client/ and tried the approaches described there?

What should the menu do and what object should it trigger for are the questions you have to answer yourself to be able to identify the class you are looking for.

This is by the way more an Eclipse extension question and not really specific to RTC. The RTC specific part would only be what to do with the selection.

Comments
Ranjan Kumar commented Feb 13 '15, 11:12 a.m.

Thank you Ralph. I had written my first plugin (for Work Items) using your excellent examples :-)

I know what the plugin will do and how to implement that. I want to trigger my plugin against the "Work Item Query" object that I have created/defined in RTC. But I don't know which objectclass I should use while writing the plugin so that the new action becomes active when I right click on a query.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 14 '15, 5:03 p.m. | edited Feb 14 '15, 5:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to read above post and try to use Yari and Plugin Spy as suggested to find out the class you need to trigger for. Unless someone else has the same requirement (which I am still not sure what it is) you won't likely get an answer here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.