It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to load a workspace if it's already owned by a daemon?

P. A. (1859) | asked Feb 12 '15, 12:05 p.m.
Hi,

I'm getting the following error message when trying to load a worksplace using lscm load command

"Sandbox /root/workspace/MyWorkspace is already owned by daemon running on port 34921"

How can I stop that process and load the workspace? I've tried the following command, but I end up with another error message saying "unknown subcommand demon"

lscm demon stop -p 34921

2 answers

permanent link
P. A. (1859) | answered Mar 03 '15, 3:21 p.m.
Thanks Evan for your reply. After further troubleshooting, I found out the location where scm.sh is located. I used this utility to stop those daemon that were running.

scm.sh daemon stop -p <port number>

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 12 '15, 7:28 p.m.
Hi Parvez,
You can use "scm daemon stop -p 34921".

Comments
P. A. commented Feb 13 '15, 8:56 a.m.

Thank you Lily for your reply. I've already tried that scm command but unfortunately that didn't work either. I can't seem to execute scm commands. Get error saying "scm: not found"

I had also tried the following commands, but all of them returns the error about unknown subcommand daemon or demon

lscm demon stop -p 34921
 lscm demon stop -a
 lscm daemon stop - p 34921
 lscm daemon stop -a

Evan Hughes commented Feb 13 '15, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

'lscm' doesn't know how to run daemon start/stop subcommands. You have to call 'scm' to perform those actions. 

The "scm: not found" error suggests that 'scm' isn't in your path. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.