It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where are the Reportable Rest API URIs?

Daniel Stewart (431520) | asked Feb 09 '15, 12:37 p.m.

I've some experience using RPE with Rational DOORS. Now I'm learning about the  RRC Reportable Rest API  , to start I'm customizing the default RPE templates and Word stylesheets that are on the server for DNG.  When I try to generate the document, I need to enter the following URI variables. Where can I find these in the DNG web client?

_baselineURI

_moduleURI

_projectURI

_viewURI

Thanks in advance.

Dan

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Feb 10 '15, 2:01 a.m.
Typically you need not configure the data sources where name starts with "_". The URI will be calculated by RPE (through Data Source Configuration element). You can notice that these are hidden in the wizard (as the name starts with an _).

Comments
Daniel Stewart commented Feb 20 '15, 10:21 a.m.

I'm actually generating the report in RPE, not in the DNG wizard. I don't have easy access to the server to upload the templates. So I'm designing the template in RPE, and you have to enter the variables to complete the document generation.

They appear with underscore and without. 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 20 '15, 11:35 a.m. | edited Feb 20 '15, 11:43 a.m.

If you want the data sources to be hidden when document generation is done from RPE/Launcher, you can set the "Configuration required" property for the data source to hidden. You can set this property through RPE Studio.
Similarly, External Variables (variables with "access" property set to external) are shown in Launcher whereas Internal variables are not shown.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.