It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Representation of the actor in the use case diagram

Carlos Rodrigo Lima (311) | asked Feb 05 '15, 8:26 a.m.
In RDNG to create a use case diagram the actor's representation (stick man) in preview mode appears with an "X".

Has anyone seen this? Do you know why that is?

Comments
Erica Tran commented Feb 05 '15, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Carlos,
Do all graphic artifacts have a problem displaying in view mode, but work in edit mode?  The viewing of graphic artifacts is handled by the converter application.  The first place I suggest checking is the converter.log file to see if there are any errors.  Here is a link to the converter troubleshooting guide.
Requirements Management (RM) Converter application configuration and troubleshooting guide

Alastair Beadle commented Feb 05 '15, 11:39 a.m.

No problems for me with actor representation on 5.0.0 - what version are you using?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Feb 05 '15, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Normally a red X means that there is an invalid link, i.e. the link has been deleted or something, but I have seen this problem even when there are valid links.

Here is the defect I raised on V501 GA, which you can re-open:

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=91605

This defect has been closed as won't fix; we have no plans to address this issue.

If you feel the defect should be reopened, please answer the following questions:
1) Can this defect be recreated on the current code stream? (please specify which version)
2) Is this issue a nice to have change or an alternate approach?

Carlos Rodrigo Lima selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Rustam Zaidullin (53) | answered Aug 31 '15, 7:56 a.m.
caught this issue using RDNG 5.0.2

permanent link
Carlos Rodrigo Lima (311) | answered Feb 05 '15, 11:28 a.m.
 All other representations are ok except the actor. I believe it is no problem in converter. You use the RDNG? Which version?

Comments
Robin Bater commented Feb 05 '15, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have see this problem with V501 of RDNG

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.