It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Parent child relationship between project areas in Rational CLM

swapna das (3324571) | asked Feb 04 '15, 5:22 a.m.

Hi Team,

I want to create a parent project area and derive 'n' number of child  project areas from the parent  project area in Rational CLM (RTC,RRC and RQM) tool suite. I am using Rational CLM 5.0.1.

I don't want to create Team Areas from the Project Area .

Thanks In Advance,

Swapna Das

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 04 '15, 6:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware of any parent/child relationships across project areas. I would suggest you describe better what you actually mean.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 04 '15, 6:27 a.m.

Should you mean process sharing, this really works for RTC. It is very limited with the other applications.

swapna das commented Feb 05 '15, 5:48 a.m.

Can you please share any link / document on process sharing in RTC.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '15, 7:10 a.m.

https://www.google.com/search?q=process+sharing+site:jazz.net shows the relevant links. You can also go to https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate and type sharing into the search field.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Feb 04 '15, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 04 '15, 10:07 a.m.
Hi Swapna, as Ralph mentioned, there is no parent/child relationship between project areas in RTC which is similar to the parent/child relationships in work items.
There is process sharing, which allows one process to be the Master, and all projects underneath inherit the process configuration. This is different from the parent/child relationship in work items as well.

I know you mentioned you didn't want to configure team areas, but this is probably the best option to mimic the parent/child relationship from work items into a project area context.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.