It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to "delete" work items in RTC in RTC 5.0.1

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Feb 03 '15, 4:41 a.m.
retagged Feb 06 '15, 2:27 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)
Users belonging to JazzProjectAdmins group and having necessary role in PA are not able to delete work items in RTC 5.0.1

This was possible in RTC 4.0.5

Is this a defect?

Update: It looks like only the users part of JazzAdmins can delete. I got myself added to JazzAdmins and now I am able to delete. Sure seems like the prerequisites have changed in RTC 5.0.1

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 03 '15, 5:18 a.m.
According to
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_deleting_work_items_web.html?lang=en

The user belongs to JazzProjectAdmins group and have the right permissions in the assigned role in PA should be able to delete the work item.

I tested with v5.0.1 and have no problem for the user in JazzProjectAdmins group to delete the work item. Please check with the prerequisites in the above help and see if something is missing.

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Feb 03 '15, 7:30 a.m.

I checked and have all the prerequisites. I am member of JazzProjectAdmins group but I don't see the "Delete" option in queries which was there in RTc 4.0.5 (our last version)

Note: I am not part of JazzAdmins group

Don Yang commented Feb 03 '15, 6:51 p.m.

I did not check with query result for multiple edit. I tried with v4.0.6 and v5.0.1 and see theĀ  same problem when the user is the member of JazzProjectAdmins group only in a query(if I open the individual workitem, I can delete it with the JazzProjectAdmins user which I tested previously).
I found an existing defect which indicates that this has been a problem since v4.0.4 and is fixed in v5.0.2:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=330564

Karthik Krishnan commented Feb 04 '15, 5:24 a.m.

Thank you seems like it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.