It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade from RTC 4.0.6 to RTC 5.0.1, error JTS/Setup

Fabian Briseño (9410) | asked Feb 01 '15, 4:20 p.m.
Hello Everyone.
Application server: Linux Redhat 6.3 64 bit
Database Server: AIX 7.1, DB2 10.5

After performing an upgrade from RTC 4.06 to RT&C 5.01.1 we get an error message when performing /jts/setup step.
 Error message when finalizing RM application.
An error occurred while trying to determine if the Finalize operation is required for this application.ID CRJAZ1787E
hide details
Error 404:

Aside from this error RM application seems ok.

Status Summary

Application Status
Database Status Connected
Uptime 30 minutes, 55 seconds
Public URI https://servername.sby.ibm.com:9446/rm
Diagnostics
OK OK

Build Information
Rational DOORS Next Generation 5.0.1 (RMS5.0.1-I20140805_2017)
The patch is active for RM. For details about the patch, see the readme.txt file. 5.0.1 (iFix002)
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 5.0.1 (RJF-I20140805-1241)
The patch is active for Jazz Team Server. For details about the patch, see the readme.txt file. 5.0.1 (iFix002)

Can someone shed some ligth on this error maessage, is it serious?, any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards.

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Feb 01 '15, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The obvious question would be, can you see your RM projects and artifacts? The Status Summary really only confirms that the server is running, but not whether your data has been properly migrated or is accessible.

The 404 error indicates a "Not Found" but it's not clear from the message what wasn't found. I'd recommend reviewing the logs (most specifically, the jts, rm and migration logs).

2 answers

permanent link
Fabian Briseño (9410) | answered Feb 01 '15, 5:25 p.m.
 Hello Stef.
Yes I can see everything, as far as I tested all is running ok, for  aminute ther I was worried but after testing I have seen no issue.

just that 404 one I saw at the start.

regards.

Comments
Stef van Dijk commented Feb 01 '15, 11:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would still recommend reviewing the logs (that's always important after an upgrade/migration) because while things seem good so far (and hopefully it stays that way), you don't want to find a problem two weeks from now when redo'ing the upgrade/migration is no longer an option.

Hopefully that won't be the case, but now is the time to be safe/sure.

permanent link
Fabian Briseño (9410) | answered Jun 30 '16, 8:52 p.m.
Closing question.

Regards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.