It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How about a Hello World development project?

Gregory Sittler (1634) | asked Jan 29 '15, 10:54 p.m.
 I'm wondering if there is a sample PROJECT done in CLM to show how the "Hello, World" program would be developed in CLM, starting with requirements in DOORS NG, using RTC to drive the project processes and track the work, including defect fixes and change requests.  RQM would be used to develop the test plan and test cases, and to create the test procedures linked to them.  Full traceability would be provided from the requirements all the way down to the test results. and the test report would be exported using a template with RPE.  Build Forge could be used to do the builds every time the code is committed to the VM.

Has anyone done this?  Seems like the perfect proof of concept project.  Everyone has been programming Hello World since C began.  Surely someone has done this as a a demo project.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Feb 02 '15, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We used to have a very simple project called "Squawk" or JUnit example which was a hello world like project in RTC for years. Unfortunately that was removed. However, there remains a most basic example in RTC.

Open the Eclipse client. Connect to a repository (on a test server). Open File>New>Example and in the wizard page select Team Concert Example Project Setup and run the wizard to get the example project created.

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Jan 29 '15, 11:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, it is called Money that Matters. You can find details at here.

Comments
Gregory Sittler commented Jan 30 '15, 12:00 a.m.

No, Money that Matters is much larger and more complex than what I want.  I am talking about the very simplest coding project for the classic "Print Hello World on the screen" application.  It can be in C, C++, Java, HTML, whatever.  I'm trying to get my developers to understand the basic concepts of why we want to use CLM in the FDA-regulated environment we work in.  Money that Matters is simply too huge for them to get their minds around for a first demo, and they keep objecting that their world is not that complex.  It needs to be something small, very small, and very simple so they can see a direct comparison between HOW they are currently working on a product development effort, and HOW they would be working in CLM.  They are getting totally lost in the complexity of the WHAT in Money that Matters.

Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 30 '15, 8:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware of anything simpler but it is possible that exist. I would be curios if anyone has built something simpler.

Gregory Sittler commented Jan 31 '15, 4:51 p.m.

I am searching other places, but so far nothing has turned up.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.