It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sporadic RFT Adapter Failure:"ERROR: Could not run the script"

George Rygiel (1112) | asked Jan 28 '15, 12:09 p.m.
edited Jan 28 '15, 12:32 p.m.

I am Running RFT 8..5.1.3 and RQM 4.0.3.  We have 10 lab machines that are setup as a test cell which we target to run the in parallel. 

We have been running suites from RQM for about a year and until recently we have encountered some unusual behavior.  On what appears to be random scripts and random lab machines the adapter reports the error "ERROR: Could not run the script"

Because our regression suite has grown I guessed that maybe this is what was causing the problem.  So I even reduced the number of scripts in the suite and it did not address the problem.

The reason this has become a problem is that a larger percent of the scripts continue to fail in this manner.  When you rerun it the script may or may not pass it is unpredictable.  However there is no code change required or restart of adapter to achieve success.  Basically if you keep retrying eventually the script will run.  We are able to eventually get to a complete run for regression but now it takes many attempts and manual intervention...Something the automation was suppose to help with.

I applied extra logging on the adapter to get more information and this is what was logged that seemed relevant

11:04:30,046 [Execution Thread] DEBUG com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib           - ++++ RQMConnectionHelper: Error received: 404, retry #: 0

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments
Una Ramsay commented Mar 02 '15, 4:19 a.m.

Hi George

We are seeing something similar. Did you manage to get a resolution to this problem?

Cheers

Una

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jan 29 '15, 12:35 a.m.
While the symptom seems to be related to RQM, many RQM-RFT integration problems are actually caused by RFT.
Since it is randomly occurred, it could be hard to pinpoint the problem. There are some similar reports from other users who upgrading RFT to later version such as v8.6.x and it helps, some extreme report is that the user go back to v8.3 RFT and it also works for them. Most reports seem to be in v8.5.x RFT.
You can try with a testing environment with later RFT installed(keep a backup of current version of assets in case you want to restore) and see if you experience the same issue or not.
Otherwise, contacting client support can be another option although I am not sure if a root cause can be found in a short period. Hopefully this provides some leads to your next approach.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.