It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A simple "command line" to archive RTC users ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Jan 22 '15, 3:37 a.m.
edited Jan 22 '15, 6:16 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
RTC Admin mailbox inundated with emails undeliverable to users retired from LDAP: Looking for a quick ready-to-use command line to archive these users.

Not versed enough to quickly adopt the available API solutions, and yet it is a daunting task to archive almost 300 users one by one, with RTC prompting for archiving confirmation and also its resetting to top of list in ascending order: Anyone has a ready made script or command line to archive users to share? 

Or is there a better way than going into the active users list to pick and archive ?

We are also working on a dead and private mailbox for this stream of email, as we are currently on an Exchange shared mailbox which we cannot set any rule for it.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jan 22 '15, 12:35 p.m.
Hello Long,
The repotool can be used to archive users.  See the following link for details
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_archiveuser.html&scope=null
-Abraham
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented Jan 22 '15, 4:14 p.m.

Thx Abraham. 

One other answer

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered Jan 25 '15, 11:28 a.m.
 Besides archiving departed users, we have decided to do a more complete clean up in resolving the issues of flooding our team mailbox with undelivrable emails, we would bulk unsubscribe these departed users from all the WI's they once subscribed to.

And unsubscription has to be done prior to archiving, as archived users are not available to be picked for the query for WI's they subscribed to.
  • Run a query for WI's subscribed by (what I use) users picked from 'the prompted list' in the Eclipse client
  • Select all the workitems found and displayed.
  • Right click, expand Subscriptions from the popup menu.
  • Pick Manage Subscriptions from the secondary popup menu ( this menu now in 4.0.6 would have 3 choices: Subscribe Me/ Unsubscribe Me/ Manage Subscriptions... at your time may be you only had subscribe me)
  • A list of all subscribers of all these selected WI's will pop up for you to select those to remove from the subscriber's list. Each user is listed with with a tally of how many WI's he/she is subscribed to.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.