It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does the Workitem parameter work in the Advanced Release Burndown Report (V.5.0.2)

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Jan 21 '15, 4:34 p.m.
Hello All,

in the Advanced Release Burndown Report of V.5.0.2 (the "new" one), there is a parameter "Top Level Work Item". How does this work?
What is the idea behind?
How does it work together with the other filter criteria?
Can I have a list of workitem id's (e.g. space delimited)?

I hoped to give there a top level workitem id (like the plan items on Jazz.net), which represents e.g. a Feature, and then getting a "Feature Advanced Release Burnown" based of all parent-child linked Stories in the tree below this top level workitem, regardless in which team or timeline or iteration this stories are.

regards
Guido

One answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Mar 17 '15, 5:44 p.m.
Answering my own question :-)

We tested this and it works!

If you have some sort of a top level plan item (e.g. a Feature for a Feature team) and all the work for this plan item is within a parent child tree of this, you can get a "Feature Release Burndown". Simply select the WI number of the top levelWI in the Report definition.
The other selectors are AND filters, you normly not need for this type of report.

This works over Timelines within one Project Area. We have not tested what happens with parent/child over multiple PA's. But maybe this works too. This would solve some Multi Project Area reporting issues.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.