It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use of "tags" element on executionworkitem.xsd

Rafael Espinha (1133) | asked Jan 16 '15, 12:27 p.m.
We are creating an integration with Rational Quality Manager using REST API to create Execution Results and TCERs.  One of the requirements of this integration is that the results must be a control stamp to identify that they were created through the integration and not through GUI.

Reading RQM's API documentation and analysing the XML exported by RQM, we found on executionworkitem.xsd  (the element that represent TCER) the element "tag" (https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-5.0.2/). I would like to ask two things:

1 - What is this tag used for (when we export a TCER using REST API this is always empty)?  Can we use this tag to store the integration stamp?
2 - Is there an element on Test Result xsd that can be used to store this integration stamp?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 19 '15, 8:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 19 '15, 11:47 a.m.
The external ID when creating your test artifacts since test artifacts with an external ID could only be created using the RQM Reportable REST API.

Comments
Rafael Espinha commented Jan 19 '15, 11:44 a.m.

Hello Paul,

Where in documentation can I find external ID element?  I looked into xsd specification (https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-5.0.2/) and couldn't find it.

Also, I used REST API to query both TCER and Execution Record and didn't find this element on XML cocntents  :(

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jan 19 '15, 11:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please see the (corrected) link in the above post.  The external ID is not a modeled property on the test artifact, but the ID of the test artifact.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.