It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build definition "accept options" for Scheduled/Manual Build

Anand Billore (838) | asked Jan 15 '15, 8:17 a.m.
Hi Team,
I scheduled a build and both the options ( "Accept latest changes before loading" and "Build only if there are changes accepted") are checked.Here Build is triggered as per the schedule if the some source code are checked in. But If  there are NO source code checked in the build is not triggered.
Is there is a way that the scheduled build will
always trigger , irrespective of whether files are checked in or not?
I meant forcing the build to trigger on scheduled time ,if no changes committed to repository.
Or We need to always start the build,manually in this case?

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jan 15 '15, 8:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Removing the "Build only if there are changes accepted" option will let the build run every time.  That option is for Continuous Integration builds where only builds with changes should be built.  But if you want it everytime, remove that option.

~Spencer

Comments
Anand Billore commented Jan 16 '15, 3:00 a.m.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
So Please confirm my understanding : To run the current scheduled  build on every (scheduled) time ,I need to :
1). uncheck both the options OR
2). only "Build only if there are changes accepted" option(But in this case Build is not   triggered). I do not know if I need to delete previous RTC build.
3). Any other configuration in the build definition ,I am missing which supports point 2?

Anand Billore commented Jan 16 '15, 7:44 a.m.

With above comments please find some additional info so that you can suggest me :
1). We created only one BuildDefinition(by copying from existing BD) and then un checked the "Build only if there are changes accepted" option.
2). BD's "scheduledBuild" property is set to "true".
3). This BD use to create  3 ears and 20 jar files.
4). This Build is triggered(on scheduled time) only if some code is checked in ingoing of point 1 else build will not be triggered.
5).I have checked the log file name as "002 - BD Scan" and found 3 entries team_scm_acceptBeforeFetch and team_scm_buildOnlyIfChanges.
First entry says(But my BD the second option is unchecked) :
team_scm_acceptBeforeFetch=true
team_scm_buildOnlyIfChanges=true

Last 2 entries says :
team_scm_acceptBeforeFetch=true
team_scm_buildOnlyIfChanges=false
So ,Do I need to set
team_scm_buildOnlyIfChanges to false manually in jazzSourceControl Tab? Please guide me

Spencer Murata commented Jan 16 '15, 8:18 a.m.

You don't need to uncheck both.  "Build only if there are changes accepted" matches up to the property team_scm_buildOnlyIfChanges property.  It allows the build to run everytime.  The other option "Accept latest changes before building" just accepts the latest into the build workspace before the build, making sure that you are always running builds from latest.  So it is likely you want to keep that option on.

Anand Billore commented Jan 18 '15, 11:46 p.m.

Yes ,I got your point. But in my BuildDefinition I have set  "Build only if there are changes accepted" false. And this BuildDefinition is associated to BuildForge project. So DO I also need to set team_scm_buildOnlyIfChanges false in that project?

Spencer Murata commented Jan 19 '15, 9:06 a.m.

The variables in BF should be overridden by the values coming in from RTC.  You can change that value, but the value in BF should never 'stick'.  It should always be the value of the variable in RTC.

Anand Billore commented Jan 29 '15, 1:08 a.m.

I observed that the build scheduled on 10 PM mon-Fri ,did not run with above configuration. But when I changed the schedule manually for today with some 4 hours differences then it run perfectly. So BF is taking only the recent changes and triggered?It is confusing me.. Please help

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.