It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test Plan Import of Requirements Collectioin no longer expands collection into individual module requirements

Stuart Jewell (16915) | asked Jan 14 '15, 3:21 p.m.
When I use to add a requirements collection in an RQM test plan by selecting a requirements collection from the RM list presented in RQM, the module displayed with all of the requirements listed.  Now when I add the link, I only see the requirements collection module itself is displayed without the requirements breakout.  Would something have changed in our RRC or RQM application that causes the newer test plans to only display the module line item without actually listing the associated requirements?  Working in this manner, there is no way to reconcile requirements vs. test case coverage.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 15 '15, 6:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is working as designed.  You can select View As: Coverage to see the requirements in the Requirements Collection Links section.

Comments
Stuart Jewell commented Jan 15 '15, 9:50 a.m.

On my first couple of test plans, the "General" view would list all of the requirements associated with collections (albeit we only use a single collection).  The "Coverage" view would group by "Ungrouped" which basically just added the requirements collection name column or group by "Requirements Collectiion" which would actually group by the use cases with twisties to expand and collapse.  Now the general view just shows a link to the collection and the coverage view gives me "No items found".

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jan 15 '15, 10:56 a.m.

If the requirements collection does contain requirements, I would suggest there is a bug in RQM.  If so, please open a RQM PMR.

Chidambaram L commented Dec 20 '18, 6:32 a.m.
View is possible in RQM 6.0.6.
But "Reconcile Requirement" feature is not available. In RQM 5.0.x, from the Req Collection section of Test Plan, "Reconcile Requirement" button would create a Test Case & link it to the Req. This feature is lost in 6.0.6.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Dec 23 '18, 12:29 p.m.

Hi Chidambaram,

This feature is still supported in RQM 6.0.6 (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_reconcile_reqcolls_rm.html).  Note, if your project is Configuration Management-enabled, you should use link validity instead of requirement reconcile to determine the requirements that have changed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.