It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

no access to dashboard by user

Mike Brouwers (341218) | asked Jan 14 '15, 2:25 p.m.
 Hi,

we recently migrated our RTC server from tomcat to WAS.
After migrating the users (we use federated WAS realm) 2 specific users cannot access the team dashboard any more. Is there anywhere where I can set these permissions?

I have given them extra permissions on the RTC server (JazzAdmin, JazzProjectAdmin, JazzUser)
Other users with the same permissions have access to this dashboard without issues.

Any ideas?

This is what the users get after logging in:

We're Sorry...

You do not have permission to view this dashboard. ID CRJAZ5026I
The owner of this dashboard has not granted you access to view it.
If you believe you should have access to this dashboard, contact the owner to request permission.

Mike

Comments
Abhinav Mishra commented Jan 15 '15, 1:33 a.m. | edited Jan 15 '15, 1:38 a.m.

Mike,
Might be problem with there permissions against the role within the Project Area.
We can always configure Roles permissions.

Many Thanks

Mike Brouwers commented Jan 15 '15, 8:09 a.m.

There are users with the same role that do have access to this dashboard.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 15 '15, 2:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 15 '15, 2:24 a.m.
This error message seems to indicate that the dashboard is recognized to be owned by a different owner and is not shared. This would probably mean, the user ID of the user has changed during migration. Can they create a new dashboard?

Comments
Mike Brouwers commented Jan 15 '15, 8:11 a.m.

There are 10 users assigned to this project area. 8 of them have access to that dashboard, 2 of them don't. If it would be a sharing issue, would it not be that no one has access?

I have 3 other users that have the same permissions on RTC and the same role in the project area that can access the dashboard. 

Mike

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 15 '15, 8:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It worked before and now it doesn't...... The only thing that you did that was error prone to manual work is the user/repository role in WAS.

The error message says "No permission". Sharing has nothing to do with "roles" in RTC, but is done on a Project area/team area/individual user layer as far as I know. The only role based permission for dashboard  is on save/create.

I would look into the direction of the ID or the repository roles of the user. But this is just my suggestion.

Mike Brouwers commented Jan 15 '15, 11:48 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,

I will look into it later today and keep you posted!

permanent link
Mike Brouwers (341218) | answered Feb 09 '15, 6:38 p.m.
So apparently to have access to the dashboards, the users need to have access to the JTS application.
Personal dashboard link in your user profile menu brings you straight to the JTS application.
When migrating from tomcat (which allows access to all applications) to WAS (where access to an application has to be specifically set in the security settings of the deployed war).

Give the user JazzUser permissions on the JTS.war and problem solved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.