It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to connect CCM with the database ?

Deepak Gidwani (262431) | asked Jan 14 '15, 4:52 a.m.
 Hello,

I want to connect to CCM with the database and create the table and add data into this.
How to make connection and which software/database I require. How to make connection of database on my stand alone system and the application which are running on hosting?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 14 '15, 5:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The database connection is managed by the server. The table creation is done during the setup and documented in the online help.

Although I have seen that it is possible to add extensions to the storage model and store your own data in the DB, I can't find it anymore in the Wiki: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20 .

I would suggest not to try to do this in any case, as there are possible implications on upgrade scenarios.
If you want to store data, I would rather suggest to create your own database and manage that connection in your extension.

Comments
Deepak Gidwani commented Jan 14 '15, 5:55 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,

Means I have to download any database and connect it with the existing site by extension.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 14 '15, 6:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to store your own data in a database, I think that is what you should do. I would however use the Database Management System you already have, create a database there and use that.

If the data is not too complex, you could try to use a string attribute. You can also use HTTP filtered value providers in this context. The data would be stored in an XML file accessible via a HTTP server such as Apache.

See https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 5 for examples.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.