It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Defect Aging report [RRDI]

VK L (8177154159) | asked Jan 13 '15, 6:00 a.m.
edited Mar 16 '15, 11:58 a.m.
 Hi All,
I created a RRDI Report - with data from ODS->Request State History and ODS->Request. I am looking to the number of days in each state [*for each request]
But i couldn't order the state-change in a sequential manner from the ODS history. ID looks to be in a different order compared to the RTC History.
Please advise.
Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Mar 12 '15, 5:41 a.m.
Hi,
I tried ordering by "Last updated", but the "Days in state" value looks to be adding-up and not showing the days-in-state for that particular state.

Say, if State A-> State B Transition happens after 8 days of request creation -> "days in state" is 8 here
State B -> State C Transition happens on the same day, -> "days in state" is showing 8 here also , shouldnt it be 0?

Please advise.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jan 13 '15, 10:03 a.m.
edited Jan 13 '15, 10:04 a.m.
Hello @valli ,

looking at Request State History  the logical thing to sort the states would be to use the "Change Date" field, however this field only contains the date and not the time stamp, meaning that if you have more than one state change in the same day (quite a common scenario) you cannot tell the correct order.

One approach could be to check the "Request State ID" and "Previous Request State ID" of each record and rebuild the sequence. This is probably quite complex to accomplish and if there are 2 transitions with the same current and previous state in the same day it's still impossible to tell the right order.

Another alternative to investigate would be to sort the records by the "Last Updated" timestamp, this is based on the assumption that the history records are loaded in sequence from the REST API. In my test environment this seems to be the case but I don't have an amount of data big enough to confirm that this is always happening.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
VK L commented Jan 13 '15, 10:37 a.m.

"Last Updated" timestamp sorting : Will this be applicable for wokflow-based sorting? 

I am trying to do a defect aging report at various states and i felt that the states should reflect in proper order as in RTC History itself.

Could you please advise on a defect aging report approach from RRDI? I have used "Request state history" and "Request" in a join-kind of design.

Hareesh Jairaj commented Feb 23 '15, 1:20 a.m. | edited Feb 23 '15, 1:29 a.m.

Hi VK L,

I am trying for the same report, number of hrs,min,sec in each state [*for each request].When in critical situations,they might change the state in the same day.

How can i calculate this in Hrs,Mins,Secs rather than in days? 

Please advice

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.