It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I enable email notifications for new contributor fields?

S S (141418) | asked Jan 12 '15, 8:40 a.m.
I've added a couple of instances of the contributor field to a particular WI. Is there a way to send an email notification to the person that that these contributor fields have been set to? I want the same sort of functionality that the current "Owner" field provides. 

One answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 12 '15, 8:47 a.m.
I believe this requires you to write and deploy a server-side plugin that would use (for example) the RTC mail service to send an email.  You would be responsible for building whatever email you want.  This could *not* be controlled by the end user (like I can define what emails I want from RTC).

Another option is to write and deploy a server-side plugin that would subscribe (and unsubscribe) people from the work item as the value of that Contributor field changes.  In this way, RTC will send the "subscriber" email to the person in that Contributor field based on his/her email preferences. 

The 2nd option is normally nicer because you hook into more of the RTC built-in functionality.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.