It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OSLC How to create a Workitem with a Link in one step?

Stefan Hufnagl (29411920) | asked Jan 10 '15, 12:21 p.m.
 Hi,

is it possible in one step to create a Workitem with OSLC and include a Link (tracksRequirement) to an Artefact?
The creation of the Workitem work but I'm not able to have a link to an Artefact.
BTW, I can't include my OSLC POST example

If it is not possible in one step...I tried also PUT after the WI creation with no luck.
Thx

Steve

One answer

permanent link
Stefan Hufnagl (29411920) | answered Jan 11 '15, 11:35 a.m.
 Hi,

the problem was:
* The available OSLC Examples are not "uptodate", i.e. some of the xmlns are now different
* You have to include all xmlns, even if you don't use them.

A new problem is now that the included Links from a new created Workitem to an Artefact are not bidirectional...only "oneway"
:-(

Steve

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 12 '15, 12:45 a.m.

When you add a link to a work item in the Web GUI, the POST action is to call an "addLink" command with a parameter "additionalSaveParameters" as "com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.updateBacklinks". You can imagine that this is in fact a two-step operation. I believe when you call OSLC directly, you lose this feature and need to add the back link manually.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.