It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you Auto-Subscribe to a specific work item type and not all work item types?

Jeffrey Burke (312536) | asked Jan 08 '15, 2:41 p.m.
edited Jan 11 '15, 6:41 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
How do you subscribe to a specific work item within a project area and not all work items in a project area?

The following page has how to make a list of users the default "subscribed by" value but it does it for all the work items within a project area not just one.
See #5: Link to how to auto subscribe

Does anyone know how to make this specific to just one work item?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 11 '15, 6:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've modified the question to clarify that it is about a work item type, not an individual work item.

Jeffrey Burke commented Jan 12 '15, 8:19 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey!

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 08 '15, 3:00 p.m.
there is no simple mechanism to do what you want. As you found there is a simple mechanism for ALL workitem types, and a fixed list of users..

Comments
Jeffrey Burke commented Jan 08 '15, 3:11 p.m.

Thanks Sam. Do you know a non-simple way to do it?

sam detweiler commented Jan 08 '15, 4:10 p.m.

one would have to write a server side Participant (cause it wants to change data) plugin

enhancement 177613

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=177613

Jeffrey Burke commented Jan 09 '15, 8:26 a.m.

Thanks Sam!

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jan 08 '15, 2:52 p.m.
Go to the Links tab of the Work Item you want to subscribe to and add your user name in the Subscribers section.

Hope this helps!

Comments
Jeffrey Burke commented Jan 08 '15, 2:57 p.m.

Sorry my question is missing the word "auto" before subscribe.
I want to set it so that whenever a user creates a specific work item type the list of users will be automatically subscribed.

I got this to work and thought everything was ok until I realized that the "subscribed by" default was applied to all the different work item types not just the one I wanted it applied to. I just need to know how to get it to auto subscribe (upon creation of a work item) to just one work item type and not to all within the project area,

Hope the above makes more sense.

Jeffrey Burke commented Jan 08 '15, 2:57 p.m.

Thanks for your reply Robert.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.