It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I merge a project that was branched into another stream?

David Wood (1968) | asked Jan 08 '15, 9:08 a.m.
edited Jan 08 '15, 9:11 a.m.
I have a single Java project in Eclipse that we copied into another stream and component.  I now want to merge selected changes from the project in the 2nd stream back into the original project. 

This may be 2nd question, but when I use Show History on the project from the 2nd stream, I see change set messages from changes that were only supposed to have been in the 1st stream.  The highlighted changeset below was performed in a project that was connected to a repository workspace associated with the Research stream.  How did it show up in the SWG stream?

I can't include the image I'm referring to because "File uploading requires reputation > 60" I hope that's a bug.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 08 '15, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The prevention of posting images without reputation is a spam protection mechanism.  To workaround it, you can post your image to some public web site, and then include a URL to that image in your post.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 08 '15, 10:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC will not do anything in particular to help you merge a file that you have copied into another component.   To get automated merge support, you need to make the changes in the other stream to the *same* component, and then RTC will help you merge the changes.   In particular, when branching, you should never *copy* anything ... you create the new stream from an existing stream, or from a snapshot creating on the existing stream.

When you say "Show History on the project", do you mean "Show History on the component" or "Show History on a file"?   In either case, the way a change set shows up in a stream is through a "Deliver" operation (from the workspace containing the change set, to the stream).  If you are using RTC-5.0.2, you can see in the history of the stream who delivered that change set to that stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.