It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Rhapsody Gateway trace requirements to design blocks

Tomas Suarez (611) | asked Jan 08 '15, 5:44 a.m.
 I'm trying to perform the requirements implementation traceability between the requirements defined in DOORS and the design blocks defined in a Rhapsory model. I have been able to import properly the requirments into the Rhapsody project from DOORS using the Gateway tool and I'm able to trace the requirements to the desired design blocks. However, what I cannot do is to see this traces in the Gateway tool in order to perform traceability checks and produce reports. It is possible to perform what I'm trying to do? and how? I'm using the Rhapsody 8.0.6. Thanks for your help.

One answer

permanent link
Adolfo Brandao (60148) | answered Aug 12 '15, 2:06 p.m.
Hello Tomas,

If you are still having problems with this, yes, it is very possible and it is the main purpose of the Gateway tool. Gateway uses configurable types to perform the analysis. The default Rhapsody type considers that every model element is an entity and thus can cover a requirement using a dependency stereotyped with <<trace>>. Using the default Rhapsody type, If you create a <<trace>> dependency from any model element to an imported requirement  (by using the add high level requirements option), the Gateway will consider this a recognizible traceability and you should be able to see the correct analysis results in the project views.
If it is not working, I would guess for a start:

- You are using a custom type which redefined the reference element (trace dependency) for a different kind of association
- You are creating dependencies between model elements and requirements without using the <<trace>> stereotype
- You are using a custom type defining custom entities which are not of the type Block.

Please note that there is a special Rhapsody type in gateway specific for SysML models.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.