It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test automation: can command line adapter fill custom attributes in test result?

Donat Hutter (2153239) | asked Jan 07 '15, 5:20 p.m.
With automated tests with the command line adapter I have the possibility to populate information into the execution results through custom properties (see article 809).
Is there also a similar way to fill in custom attributes with the command line adapter (e.g. the application version under test)?

This is of interest, because for manual tests I only can fill in Custom Attributes for Test Results. Custom Properties are not exposed. Attributes have also the advantage, that they are available as columns in list view for filtering.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jan 08 '15, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Donat,

We dont support passing custom attributes from Commandline adapter. You can open an RFE for it.

As a workaround you can probably pass those values as custom properties, though they will show up as Custom Properties

Comments
Donat Hutter commented Jan 08 '15, 7:24 a.m.

Thanks for the answer.

I just logged an RFE (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=64147)

What I don't like today, is the difference between manual and automated test.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.