It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CR state opened in IBM RTC doesn't change

Rajdeep Devnath (655) | asked Jan 07 '15, 11:01 a.m.
Hi, the team opens new CR and all the CR show the status "New". The CR status cannot be changed. It doesn't show the next status. How do I get it resolved?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 11 '15, 11:06 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What GUI are you using?   What GUI action are you using to change the status, and what is the error message when you do this action?

Rajdeep Devnath commented Jan 12 '15, 3:25 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey,
I am using internet explorer to work on RTC. When the CR is opened, it is NEW and there is no action that can be performed. It doesn't show any actions. I have checked the CR workflow and I found the below.
Transition starts from Concluded to Reject, States from Conculded to Reject and the group is NONE. Please let me know if you need any specific information that can help you analyze the issue.
Regards,
Rajdeep

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 12 '15, 5:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If there is no action/transition from New to any other state, you can not select one. Make sure you have a workflow that makes sense. See https://jazz.net/library/article/565 and https://jazz.net/library/article/936 for how that works. You can also set up a test system and have a look at the process templates provided in the tool.

Comments
Rajdeep Devnath commented Jan 12 '15, 5:49 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, let me try, I will update in the forum

Rajdeep Devnath commented Jan 12 '15, 8:14 a.m.

Hi, I was able to fix the workflow state my manually creating the workflow. The only problem is that the effect is seen on new CR and old CR's show verification state. Is there any way to force an existing CR to NEW state?

Rajdeep Devnath commented Jan 12 '15, 11:52 a.m.

All the problem are fixed now. Thank you for your suggestions

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.