It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone know what causes the page https://server:9443/ram/search/index.faces to bring up a blank screen?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jan 06 '15, 4:38 p.m.
edited Jan 07 '15, 9:53 a.m.

Hi,

We have a brand new installation of RAM 7.5.2.2.  We don't have any communities or assets out there yet.  When I was testing out the overall functionality, I ran into a problem.  From the Home page, when I click on the Search button or when I click on the Assets menu item, it takes me to the URL <server>:9443/ram/search/index.faces and it just shows me a blank page.

My coworker can log onto RAM using my browser and the search and asset links work fine.  If he logs out and then I log back into RAM using the same browser it does not work for my ID, just gives me a blank page for those two links.  The rest of RAM looks like it is working fine.

Any ideas?

2 answers

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 06 '15, 5:58 p.m.
edited Jan 06 '15, 6:00 p.m.
 Hi Janet,

Which browser are you using?
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, verify that you are not using compatibility mode.
You can do this with the developer tools (F12 key) .
Running RAM  with The compatibility mode is enable is not supported and know to cause unexpected behaviors.
I hope this will help.
Regards,
François 

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 07 '15, 9:59 a.m.

I apologize...my question got truncated because I put a whole URL into the body of the text and it didn't like it.  I have updated the question which states that my coworker used my browser and it works fine for him.  I log on to same browser and it doesn't work for me.  I have tried it with IE 11 and also Firefox 34.0.5 and it has the same problem in both browsers.  I have two coworkers who have tried it and it works fine for them, so it appears to be a problem with just my login ID.

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 07 '15, 10:43 a.m.

Hi Janet,
Thanks for the clarification.
When you said you get a blank screen...You you means that you get a message saying "No results were found for your search." when you try to search for asset (using for example *).
You said that you did not have any communities or asset yet. So what does your coworker sees that you do not see?
If communities and assets have been created in the meantime, and the problem is with your login/profile, then look at the differences between your profile and the one of your coworker (for example what is the license you have been assigned to, which community does he belong to, etc..)

Regards,
François

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 07 '15, 11:10 a.m.

Hi Francois,

No, I get nothing on my screen: it blanks the entire screen out completely with no RAM menu and no message.  It will not let me upload the screenshot to show you.  When my coworker goes into Assets, he gets a screen with label "Search for Assets" and a search box, plus he gets the "Submit an Asset" button which is what should come up.  Mine just blanks out the entire screen and the only thing I see is my IE menu and favorites bar with a huge white screen under it.

Thanks,

Janet

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 08 '15, 4:35 a.m. | edited unknown

Hi Janet,
The behavior you described is strange especially if your coworker, using the same browser on your machine, is able to view the ram search page correctly.
When you did with your coworker, did you simply log off/log in  without closing the browser?
I would recommend to delete your browser cache and before loading the ram search page use the IE developer tools (F12) with the network capture on.
Then compare the results you get while using your coworker login and yours.

Regards,
François

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 08 '15, 4:35 a.m.

Hi Janet,

The behavior you described is strange especially if your coworker, using the same browser on your machine, is able to view the ram search page correctly.
When you did with your coworker, did you simply log off/log in  without closing the browser?
I would recommend to delete your browser cache and before loading the ram search page use the IE developer tools (F12) with the network capture on.
Then compare the results you get while using your coworker login and yours.

Regards,
François

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 08 '15, 1:44 p.m.

Francois,

Yes, it is definitely strange!  But my Jazz ID has acted differently with the DOORS Web Access as well.  Not sure why my login ID has problems with some of these and other IDs do not.

I have been using a testing ID today called Jazzdemo.  It also is able to bring up the Search Assets page.  I have never used the IE Debugger before, but looked at the Network tab and recorded both IDs.  I compared the logins to see if there were any differences there and they appear to be the same.  Next I compared clicking on the Search button.  With the Jazzdemo ID, it ran 25 items.  The first one was to GET http://server:9443/ram/search/index.faces and then the second item was to GET "/ram/javascriptv/RAM7522-I20141210_1101/javascript/release/dojo/dojo/dojo.js".  When I click the Search button with my ID, I get the same first item, but the second item is a GET "/favicon.ico" with a 404 result.  Those are the only two items I get.   Therefore, I end up with the blank page.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Janet

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 12 '15, 12:29 p.m.

Hi Janet,
A 404 error usually means that something is not found. It may be linked as well to permissions.
If you see problems with DOORS Web Access with your Id that would mean that something changed with regards to you Id that may be having an effect here.
What are the differences between your Id and Jazzdemo id for example?
What is the type of security used with RAM? Is it LDAP? What changes were made to the registry recently?
If the problem persists I would advise you to contact your support team so they can investigate further what is happening.

Regards,
François

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 12 '15, 5:21 p.m.

Hi Francois,

We are using LDAP.  My network admin cloned my ID in LDAP and we synched it with Jazz.  That cloned ID was able to access the Search screen.  Therefore, I think my profile in Jazz is corrupt in some way.  So now I need to figure out if there is some way to refresh or recreate my profile in Jazz.

Janet

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 13 '15, 1:38 p.m.

Francois,

Thanks for all of your assistance with this.  See the answer that I posted on how I fixed this.  It was definitely some sort of glitch with my Jazz ID/profile.

Janet

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852654) | answered Jan 13 '15, 1:36 p.m.
This was some sort of glitch with my ID and Jazz profile.  Since "Submit an Asset" is a button on the Search page and Assets page, I was not able to submit an asset.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that if I went to Communities and selected a Community, then I had the option to submit an asset to that Community.  I tested out that button and was able to submit an asset.  After I submitted an asset it must have cleared up this glitch because I am now able to access the Search screen and the Assets menu item.

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 13 '15, 1:52 p.m.

Hi Janet,
Thanks for sharing the information on how you resolved the problem.
I am glad to see that it is not over.
Regards,
François

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.