It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Post upgrade- One of the validator is not working, It says The Value Validation regular expression has an error

R Z (1273252) | asked Jan 06 '15, 5:09 a.m.

Team,

Post upgrade, One of the validator is not working.

It was working fine before upgrade -3011, But after upgrade 403, it is giving error, The value validation regular expression has an error, The project area asministrator must correct the configuration.

Screenshot attached.

I have tested this on validator configuration page and it is working fine- Screenshot attached Configuration

But i am unable to enter the same in work item form and gives following error.

Comments
R Z commented Jan 06 '15, 5:22 a.m.

Attribute properties are String value

R Z commented Jan 06 '15, 5:31 a.m.

It was upgraded from 4001 to 403

One answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Jan 06 '15, 11:38 a.m.
Riaaz,
Entering that regular expression in an online regex tester such as http://www.regextester.com/ results in syntax errors on the + operator so I'm not surprised its failing.  Fixing the syntax errors would result in this:
^([0-9a-zA-Z]{8})+((,[0-9a-zA-Z]{8})+)*$

What is the pattern you are hoping to match with this regular expression?  I imagine the intent was to allow an 8 character string consisting of letters or numbers, or a comma separated list of such strings.  The modified regex I provided above will allow that, but would also allow a 16 character (or any multiple of 8) string, without a comma such as "1234abcd5678efgh".  I suspect this is not your intention.  If my suspicion is true then the + operator isn't even necessary and you could use this regex:
^[0-9a-zA-Z]{8}(,[0-9a-zA-Z]{8})*$
to strictly allow a single 8 character string of letters/numbers or a comma separated list.  If the original intent of the + operator was to ensure a value was entered in the field, I would suggest making the attribute mandatory instead.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.