It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Component histroy/audit trail for changes to owner/visibility

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Jan 05 '15, 1:08 p.m.
We had an incident were a component on the main stream was made private and no one could see its contents.
Looking at the component I have not found any history at the component level.

Is there history noting who could have changed the component owner/visibility ?    

One answer

permanent link
Madhu Prabhu (981114) | answered Jan 05 '15, 1:24 p.m.
Check the event logs - they show the details of any change that was made to a component whether it was the owndership and/or visibility complete with date/timeline when and who made the change.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Jan 06 '15, 4:24 p.m.

To which "event logs" are you refering too as I don't see any history on component owner/visibility changes.

There is nothing in the default Project dashboard events widget in the web interface or in the RTC client feeds.  I see locks, added files,etc, but nothing is recorded on the  component owner/visibility . 

Madhu Prabhu commented Jan 06 '15, 4:39 p.m.

If you are using RTC Eclipse Client or Eclipse, VS clients - you can select the project area in the Team Artifacts window and right click/options select "Show recent events". Once the window displays you are presented with all kinds of options to view changes/events from whatever time period and you can exclude what you don't want to search, etc.....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.