It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command Line adapter execution is stuck at 50%

Shuchita Tripathi (31436395) | asked Dec 24 '14, 5:29 a.m.
 Hi,

I have created a test script (type: command line) and provided a batch file for execution. When I am trying to run the test case associated with it, it is getting stuck at 50%.
My batch file is getting executed because i can see the output. (Batch file has a simple command to create a text file). But in RQM the execution is showing as stuck at 50%.

Can some one tell me where possibly can be the issue? I am using RQM v5.0

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Dec 24 '14, 8:25 a.m.

I enabled precondition 'Require An Actual Step for Script Steps'. The problem is still the same however now I am getting message 'Execution Stopped'  on cmd.

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 30 '14, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What might be happening here is that the Command Window never closes; for example, if I have the following in my batch file

notepad.exe
exit

..the command window does not close until the instance of Notepad is closed or saved; thus the Adapter still thinks the execution is ongoing
If you run your batch file on its own (You mentioned it creates a file); does the Command Window persist until the file is closed or saved?

Try creating a second batch file containing only

echo %USER%

..run it and see if it competes 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.