It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI get detailed reports by Step

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Dec 23 '14, 12:08 p.m.
 Hello, 

I just have updated to the version 5.0.1 and now I can't get information of the table in RRDI about every single result execution by stept, the tables are empty, so is there any option to get this information?

thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 23 '14, 3:37 p.m.
Hello Rafael,

Since RQM 4.0.3 only steps that are linked to defects are loaded into the data warehouse and hence available for reporting.

See the details of the change here:

Enhancement 74432 Only load defect linked execution step results in ETL
https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/74432

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Jan 02 '15, 9:41 a.m.

Is there a way to get these types of changes included in the New and Noteworthy or some section of the release notes rather than having to search through jazz.net Enhancements and Defects?

Often changes are made to the underlying ETL or data model without any notification to customers about what happens during the release and it requires a PMR or comment on the forum to understand the change.  Seems like this should be better documented for users.

Francesco Chiossi commented Jan 02 '15, 10:10 a.m.

Hello Jackie,
that is indeed a very good point.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jan 16 '15, 2:20 p.m.

so at the end, there is not solution? I'm going to have to go back to the version 4? I have a lot of automated test result reports and these are not working for this change.

Brian Fleming commented Jan 19 '15, 11:35 a.m.

Using Insight, you could customize the ETL to load all steps.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jan 19 '15, 12:55 p.m.

What about in publishing engine? 

Francesco Chiossi commented Jan 20 '15, 4:30 a.m.

Hello Rafael,

as far as I know the change was only in the ETL and not in the REST interface, so you should still be able to get test step data using RPE.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.