It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DB2 error while configuring jazz to database ID CRJAZ1571E

vinay kumar bondugula (7312564) | asked Dec 23 '14, 11:57 a.m.
 Hi

I am trying to configure database created in DB2 with Jazz but there are errors while creating tables, after some research I found that it is due to access permissions on those databases for the user. But I could only find solutions using Control center, but I could not find any Control Center on DB2 Express-C edition V10.5. CLM version I am using is 4.0.5.

Can any one please guide me through this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
jason green (1463) | answered Dec 23 '14, 12:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vinay,

Control Center was deprecated in DB2 9.7, and was removed from DB2 10.1.

IBM provides the free IBM Data Studio product as the replacement.

Link To download

Great getting started info here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/db2oncampus/FREE+ebook+-+Getting+started+with+IBM+Data+Studio+for+DB2

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jason Green
IBM Rational Training

vinay kumar bondugula selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 23 '14, 12:12 p.m.
edited Dec 23 '14, 12:12 p.m.
You don't mention the platform (operating system) that is hosting your db2.   What should allow the jazz activity to complete is giving DBADM permission to the ID that is configured to connect to the jazz database.

Windows:  there should be a DB2 Command Window in the Programs menu.  Open it.  If there is a dos type command prompt type:

db2 connect to database the_jazz_db
db2 grant dbadm on database to the_db_user

the_jazz_db is the name of the application database; the_db_user is the ID you configured to connect under the Jazz application.

The command prompt might already indicate the db2 command processor is active, simply omit 'db2' from the above.

On Unix DB2 as the instance ID use the db2 commands.

Comments
vinay kumar bondugula commented Dec 23 '14, 12:52 p.m.

The platform I am working on is RHEL 6.5 (32-bit).

vinay kumar bondugula commented Dec 23 '14, 1:40 p.m.

I tried running the command several times, it prompts me to the following error. 

DB21034E  The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a 
valid Command Line Processor command.  During SQL processing it returned:
SQL0204N  "db_user.JTS" is an undefined name.  SQLSTATE=42704

Kevin Ramer commented Dec 23 '14, 1:45 p.m.

Please note that values the_jazz_db and the_db_user are simply place holders and should be substituted with actual values.  Example:
Database name is JTS01DB, database user ( should exist on the DB2 server ) jtsusr1
Actual commands will be :

db2 connect to jts01db 
db2 grant dbadm on database to jtsusr1

You might also have to grant connect authority thus:
db2 grant connect on database to jtsusr1

vinay kumar bondugula commented Dec 23 '14, 2:17 p.m.

I tried with the database name on my server and instance user, but the result is same.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.