It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRRD4781E: The file group VNF_32K does not contain the expected file. Drop it and re-create it with correct definition. Error Code: 4781'.

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Dec 18 '14, 6:55 p.m.
I am configuring RRDI. I get past the Content Store setup fine (I clicked Back and tried again to be sure). The Data Warehouse setup unfortunately gets this error upon clicking the Validate button:

CRRRA0131E: An error happened when validating the database. 'com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: 
CRRRD4781E: The file group VNF_32K does not contain the expected file. Drop it and re-create it with correct definition. Error Code: 4781'.

Oddly there appears to be no occurrence of this error elsewhere on the web. Anyone know what this means? Even our DBA was stumped. "Drop it and re-create it with correct definition" is pretty vague.
The database is MS SQL Server 2012. The RRDI app is on Windows Server 2012. Everything is 64 bit.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 20 '14, 6:47 p.m.
Hello Mike,

I think this is the problem, you need only 1 data warehouse.
If you already configured a data warehouse during the CLM setup, you just have to point the RRDI setup to the same database and you are done.

The data collection jobs of CLM will write the data in the data warehouse while RRDI reports will consume the same data from the same data warehouse.

To clarify, if you look at the chart at this link
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_topology_ex_stand_clm_dept.html
there is only one data warehouse shared by the clm applications and RRDI.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Mike Shkolnik selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 06 '15, 7:45 p.m.

Thanks. This turned out to be the correct answer. I had been informed at some point that RRDI maintains it's own data warehouse separate from the RTC data warehouse. I don't know if that was old info (have been looking into RRDI for some time) or if I had been misinformed. In any case, I was able to move forward once I pointed to the RTC data warehouse.

Not out of the woods yet, though - now getting an error right near the end. I posted it as a separate question:

2 other answers

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Dec 19 '14, 2:49 p.m.
Looking at the logs, it appears the script that creates the groups is created and run once, then never again. The first time it ran I had the collation set wrong. I fixed that, but it never tried to run the script again (whatever script creates the groups). 

What is telling the RRDI setup that the script has already run?
I tried renaming the temp folder containing the scripts, but they did not re-create.

from the log:

12/17/2014 00:32:28,896 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.EnterpriseDataWarehouseStepService : CRRRA0120I: Add create table space script.

12/17/2014 00:32:28,896 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.BaseDatabaseStepService : CRRRA0072I: Save script to the local drive: 'C:\Program Files\IBM\RRDI\setup\rrdi\temp\ridw\createBPTBS.txt'.

12/17/2014 00:32:29,021 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.EnterpriseDataWarehouseStepService : CRRRA0118I: Save script to the local drive: 'C:\Program Files\IBM\RRDI\setup\rrdi\temp\rrdidw'.

12/17/2014 00:32:30,365 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.EnterpriseDataWarehouseStepService : CRRRA0124I: Exit to validate the database.

12/17/2014 00:35:47,779 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.EnterpriseDataWarehouseStepService : CRRRA0125I: Enter the run step1.

12/17/2014 00:35:47,826 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0137I: Loading the model

12/17/2014 00:35:47,826 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ResourceService : CRRRA0139I: Loaded the model

12/17/2014 00:35:47,842 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBConnection : Database connection URL: jdbc:sqlserver://SINMDN29.devtst-corp.go2uti.com:20050;databaseName=SINMDAPP121;integratedSecurity=false

12/17/2014 00:35:47,889 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.EnterpriseDataWarehouseStepService : CRRRA0117I: Create table space statement.

12/17/2014 00:35:48,748 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException : ERROR: One or more files listed in the statement could not be found or could not be initialized.

12/17/2014 00:35:48,748 ERROR com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.EnterpriseDataWarehouseStepService : com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: ERROR: One or more files listed in the statement could not be found or could not be initialized.

The error "CRRRD4781E: The file group VNF_32K does not contain the expected file." actually means the group does not exist.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 19 '14, 5:44 a.m.
Hello Mike,

the data warehouse should be created as documented here for SQL Server:

Setting up an SQL Server database
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_sql.html

After it's created you need to go again to the JTS setup and go trough all of the "Configure Data Warehouse" steps (there is one for each application) and point to the new data warehouse you created.

This should ensure that the data warehouse is properly configured and you can proceed with the RRDI setup.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Dec 19 '14, 12:27 p.m.

You are talking about RTC. RTC 5.0.1 is setup and running without issue. I am installing RRDI (Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence) for the first time. I configured the databases at the same time we configured the RTC 5.0.1 databases since we knew we'd be implementing RRDI this time. Once RRDI was installed, I ran the setup wizard (as per the instructions) and successfully setup the content store database. The following screen, the Data Warehouse (for RRDI, not RTC), fails with the above message. RRDI has its own data warehouse separate from RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.