It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deploy clm on two different servers without IHS

Girish Chandra P (853246) | asked Dec 16 '14, 9:47 a.m.
I have current setup of CLM with CCM and JTS on server 1(SUSE, WAS,DB2) without IHS.
Now I have to configure DM & RM on Server 2 .
While regestering the application while running jts setup I am getting the following error :
The server could not access the discovery URL for the application. If you have configured a virtual host for an application, the virtual hostname must be used in the URL for the application.ID CRJAZ2081E
hide details
Unable to load /jts/proxy?uri=https%3A%2F%2Frmdm.site%3A9443%2Fdm%2Fscr status: 404

Let me know How do I resolve the same.
I am also able see the xml content from server1 by provinding url : https://server2:9443/dm/scr

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 16 '14, 11:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
IHS would not be required to set this up. You might have to log into both applications.
404 means that the URL can not be found. It might be worthwhile if you explain more what steps you did on both servers already.

In addition there are log files for the applications and you might want to look at those too.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 16 '14, 2:48 p.m.

and check the firewalls between the two servers.. iptables is pretty restrictive generally by default.

Girish Chandra P commented Dec 17 '14, 12:49 a.m.

SERVER 1 :
Deployed CCM & JTS on WAS with db2 9.7

Server 2 :
Deployed dm & VVC on WAS .

Running setup to register these dm & vvc application at that time I Am getting the error.
Also let me know what shall be the  WAS configuration on SERVER 2 , currently I have not configured JAzz HOme & also log4J....

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 17 '14, 3:02 a.m. | edited Dec 17 '14, 3:03 a.m.

There is a detailed description on how to deploy on WAS in the online documentation.
It is there for a reason. JAZZHOME always has to be configured as far as I can tell.

See https://jazz.net/library/article/831 where a distributed deployment is explained.

Girish Chandra P commented Dec 17 '14, 6:05 a.m.

The article or workshop contains IHS or reverse proxy . Here I am doing without IHS.
Also let me  now JAZZ_HOME for server2 shall  point to SERVE1 JAZZ_HOME?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 17 '14, 6:46 a.m. | edited Dec 17 '14, 6:47 a.m.

IHS does NOT matter except that it guarantees the public URI has the same prefix - which is by the way the strongly suggested practice, because you don't want the server name in the public URI, you want a pubic URI that is machine independent, so that if you change to another hardware you don't have to do a UIR change (server rename). Server rename is tolerable for some use cases (e.g. in sourcing) but has performance impacts if done too often.

JAZZ_HOME is a path if I remember correctly and is therefore local to the server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.