It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to fetch "relate time" - when an attachment is related to work-item using java api?

Vijayakumar Balasubramaniyan (2845) | asked Dec 12 '14, 3:54 a.m.
edited Dec 12 '14, 3:55 a.m.
I am working on a synchronizer tool which migrates and synchronizes the objects between 2 different applications. There is a need to synchronize the attachments between the applications as well.

I have to fetch the list of attachments for a given work-item and also fetch the date-time when it actually got related to the work-item. There is an option to fetch the create_time of the attachment, but that time is when the attachment is created/uploaded. After the attachment is uploaded, you have to save the work-item. So there is a chance for uploading the attachments and after couple of minutes saving the work-item. This use-case creates problem in my tool as I am using the create_time to make some decisions. Misunderstood that the create_time is going to be the same as relate_time.

So I would like to know whether there is a way to get the relate_time for an attachment using plain java-api.

Any kind of input is highly appreciated. Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 12 '14, 5:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The API only exposes CREATION_DATE_PROPERTY with getCreationDate(). The AttachmentImpl internal class, also does not expose any other data as far as I can see. So you would have to work with the creationDate - it is in milliseconds, that should be accurate enough, I think.

Comments
Vijayakumar Balasubramaniyan commented Dec 12 '14, 6:20 a.m.

Thanks for you input Ralph Schoon.
Yes, the API exposes only create_time. I just wanted to understand is there any other way of getting the relate_time information. Say, if the relationships are maintained in a table or something internally and if there is an API to check that table...... or something that sort of.

I am kind of struck with this and without getting the relate_time I won't be able to proceed further. Other option for me is just drop of this feature (attachment handling) from the tool that I am working on - which would be a bad thing to do and customer will have problems. :(

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 12 '14, 6:55 a.m. | edited Dec 12 '14, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/uploading-attachments-to-work-items/ how that works. I don't see why the information would not be sufficient for a synchronizer. I know others have written synchronizers that also include attachments.

Of course in the details it can get tricky and I might just not see it yet.

Maybe the problem is setting the attachment time in RTC. Not sure if you can do that. I have seen areas where you could with some tricks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.