It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to verify ldap configuration?

Brian Furner (622) | asked Dec 10 '14, 10:01 p.m.
edited Dec 11 '14, 11:33 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
I am trying to setup LDAP authentication against an Active Directory and I am getting the following error during custom setup: "User wasn't found in the LDAP directory.ID CRJAZ1851E"

I have followed the installation instructions as well as the "How to verify LDAP parameters for Jazz Team server configuration" document.  I am trying this in version 5.0.2 

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated

Comments
Donald Nong commented Dec 10 '14, 10:27 p.m.

There are quite a few things that can go wrong - the search base and search criteria (user mapping). Unless you can give more details about the LDAP server, the LDAP configuration in JTS and the user (what's the LDAP DN?) you try to authenticate, I can't really say anything concrete.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 11 '14, 3:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We described the steps in https://jazz.net/library/article/831. You might be able to steal from there.

Comments
Brian Furner commented Dec 11 '14, 12:51 p.m.

Thanks for the information Ralph.  I am now able to import users into JTS from the LDAP along with group membership.  This is great.  The problem now is that actual authentication with those imported users does not work.  When attempting to log in with an imported user who had "Jazz Admins" privilieges I receive an "Invalid user ID or password".

As this is a different issue than that which started the thread I should probably open a new thread for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.