It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter import/create a collection

David MICHEL (1472448) | asked Dec 09 '14, 10:02 p.m.
Hello,
     I have tested the example, TestPlan with TestCases 001 linked to requirement 001.xls, in the sample folder of the tool "RQMExcelImporter".
Could you tell me if it's normal that no collection and no link are created from the test plan  ?

Thank you in advance for your return

Best regards

Comments
Lily Wang commented Dec 10 '14, 12:27 a.m.

Hi David,
Have you tested with "TestPlan Requirement Collection Test Case and Requirements" sample file?
To create the link between Test Plan and Requirement Collection, you need to have the following setting in cfg file:

requirementCollection.dc:title=C1
requirementCollection.XLSArtifactID=C1
requirementCollection.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
requirementCollection.resourceShape="Actor"
requirementCollection.XLSLink=requirement

2 answers

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472448) | answered Dec 10 '14, 1:47 p.m.
Hello,
   Thank for your return.
I don't find the sample, "TestPlan Requirement Collection Test Case and Requirements". But with your example, I can create a collection and requirement. Unfortunately, the collection contains nothing. I don't see the requirement into the collection. I think the feature is not possible.

Best regards

Comments
Lily Wang commented Dec 10 '14, 6:13 p.m.

Which version of RQMExcelImporter you are using? Requirement collection is supported since v4.0.3.
With the line "requirementCollection.XLSLink=requirement " the link can be created between collection and requirements.

David MICHEL commented Dec 11 '14, 4:04 a.m.

Hello,
    I use version 4.0.5 and I have the line "requirementCollection.XLSLink=requirement " in my cfg file. I have a problem that looks like this. I have no link between the requirement and testcase when I try to create several requirement linked to one TestCase. In despite of it, the link is correct between the testcase and requirement.

Best regards

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Dec 10 '14, 1:27 a.m.
It is not about being normal or not. RQM does not recognize the Excel file automatically and import the data using any default settings. What data to import and how to import is defined in the corresponding .cfg file. Ultimately, it is you who decides whether collections and links should be created in a test plan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.