It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse Client - Cannot Connect To Repository

David Barry (611) | asked Dec 08 '14, 10:58 a.m.
I am using Eclipse client 5.0.2  (2014.12.8.135352) on Windows 7 and I am trying to connect to the sandbox repository I have created on jazz.net but I am getting the error message below:

Error:
Cannot Connect to Repository
CRJAZ2385E Cannot connect to the repository at URL "https://jazz.net/sandbox01-ccm", because the network stated that the host is invalid or unknown.

Repository:
 https://jazz.net/sandbox01-ccm

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 08 '14, 11:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you connect to the repository using a browser?

I would assume there is a network issue or the host is down.

Comments
David Barry commented Dec 08 '14, 11:16 a.m.

Yes, I can connect fine through the browser. Any suggestions to start debugging?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 08 '14, 11:19 a.m.

Do you have set any proxy settings on the machine? If you create a new workspace, does that work?

David Barry commented Dec 08 '14, 11:39 a.m.

Yes we are behind a proxy. We use an automatic configuration script in Internet Explorer. Do I need to manually define proxy settings in RTC?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 08 '14, 11:46 a.m.

If you have previously been able to reach the repo, then this might not be the problem. If you try it for the first time I would consider this a likely root cause for the issue.

permanent link
David Barry (611) | answered Dec 08 '14, 11:53 a.m.
I've solved it now. I had to manually define the IP and port of our proxy in Internet Explorer rather than relying on the config script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.