It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

auto update RTC work tickets whenever current cadence in project area is modified

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Dec 08 '14, 3:37 a.m.

Hi ,

I have few open work tickets of Type-A in RTC. Whenever current Iteration is changed in project area  those type-A work ticket's iteration needs to be updated.

Can I have scheduled jobs?

I have gone through the link https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/using-work-item-queris-for-automation/

this link is about automation of query execution and has to be triggered manualy.  I want similar but this should be triggered whenver current Iteration is changed.

Thanks,

Kavita

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 08 '14, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 08 '14, 7:05 a.m.
Kevita,

I should have been clearer in my first answer.

There is no built in operational behavior for what you want. You would have to develop a follow up action that
  • detects that the current iteration has changed and in which timeline
  • runs the activities you want

This needs to be developed based on the extension points mentioned above. See https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 for a starting point.

kavita herur selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 08 '14, 3:54 a.m.
If you want to automate this, you would have to detect that the current iteration is changed and then run the automation. You could look into a follow up action on saving the process, if you can detect the change and then run the automation.

Comments
kavita herur commented Dec 08 '14, 4:49 a.m.

I checked in operation behavior of project area, under process  is it "Save Process Description"? And under this I dont find any follow up conditions available. 

If  I need to add customised follow up condition then what should be extension ponit ? is it "com.ibm.team.process.service.projectAreaUpdater"

Can you please provide link whcih would help me.

Thanks,

Kavita

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 08 '14, 5:04 a.m.

You want to look at Process configuration>Team configuration>Operation Behavior>Process>Save Team Area. This should work for saving the project area as well and it should trigger if you change the current iteration.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 08 '14, 5:06 a.m.

kavita herur commented Dec 08 '14, 6:49 a.m. | edited Dec 08 '14, 7:04 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, It will realy help me. But I didnt find any predefined followup conditions under Save Team Area in RTC 405 eclipse client. I think I need to write customised follwoup conditon using com.ibm.team.process.server.saveTeamArea but its  not visible in UI to add as extension point. I will be back to this thread after few more investigation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.