It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC, can a dependent enumeration with a single literal be automatically updated?

Daniel Stewart (431520) | asked Dec 05 '14, 10:25 a.m.

Is it possible to automatically change the literal in a dependent enumeration, maybe via a script based calculated value?

Currently, when I change the source attribute, the dependent attribute has an red x in the corner that says "The selected value is not applicable".  I would like for this attribute to automatically change to the new value, when I change the source attribute value. This dependent enumeration value set has a one-to-one mapping between the source attribute and the dependent enumeration.  

I have multiple dependent enumerations that use the same source attribute, so it would be nice to change the source attribute value and all of the dependent attributes update automatically, instead of manually selecting each new value.

I tried using a script based calculated value but it returns a literal id that seems to be dynamically created based on the dependent enumeration value set. 

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Comments
Sian O'Briain commented Jun 26 '15, 10:43 a.m. | edited Jun 28 '15, 2:15 p.m.

sorry not an answer - just a comment

We also have this issue. We have 4 drop-downs (enumerations) all dependent. If someone goes through them in the correct order it is ok but if a value is changed the red x in the corner that says "The selected value is not applicable" comes up against the no longer valid options. We can still save the work item even though the option is not valid.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 28 '15, 2:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

IHi Sian:  If you click on the "Comment on the question" or "Comment on the answer" box, you can add a comment (I've converted your post to a comment).

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 05 '14, 10:46 a.m.
I haven't seen any automatic downstream dependent variable change support..

its all driven from the UI.. when u click on the second attribute, it is filtered based on the first.

that means any api manipulation of an attribute will require the code to do the same for the downstream attributes.

Comments
Daniel Stewart commented Dec 05 '14, 10:54 a.m.

Does the capability exist to add JavaScript, jQuery to manipulate the UI?  Could I add a script somehow to programmatically click the drop downs and select the new values?

sam detweiler commented Dec 05 '14, 1:23 p.m.

I am not aware of any capability to add things like JQuery to the UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.