It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to investigate slow database latency on RTC 4.0.1?

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Dec 04 '14, 5:15 a.m.
edited Dec 04 '14, 6:25 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
 Hello,

I am seeing some database latency on my SQL Server 2008 R2 machine which is used for our CLM 4.0.1.

The Jazz Performance monitor widget shows a database latency in the red section up to 8ms. Are there some database commands or other checks I can perform to identify the issues in relation to CLM. My server server memory is also peaking up to the max physical memory on the VM.

Thanks.

Regards,
Naweed

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Dec 04 '14, 6:24 a.m.
Hi Naweed,
Database latency on 8ms level is not critical yet. It simply means that following command:
select 1 from dual;
Takes 8ms.

You can try connecting to your database any try running that command to see how much time it takes.

This might cause performance degradation when you have many short requests to database.

Regarding using server memory peaking up to max physical memory - the first question is how you have noticed it. Please provide the command/screen shot how you have observed it.

Comments
Naweed Jaulim commented Dec 04 '14, 7:56 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for your responsem which table should I be running this SQL command?

I have been checking the performance tab in task manager. I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Are there some other command I can run on the databases to identify if there are other related issues? like indexes, stats etc which are relevant to CLM?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.